Thursday, August 21, 2008

WinMerge in MKS Diff and Merge Tools


I've done this integration a number of times and I've always had to resort to creating a C# program to discover what the options really are:


class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
for (int i = 0; i < args.Length; i++)
{
Console.WriteLine("[" + i + "]: " + args[i]);
}
Console.Read();
}
}


then I hook it up to the dialog and do a diff.

Here's the current options that I've put in:

C:\Program Files\WinMerge\WinMergeU.exe /maximize /e /x /ul /ur
/dl "{1}" /dr "{2}" "{3}" "{4}"

4 comments:

Caspian Canuck said...

Nice!!! Thank you for sharing this tip!

Kevin Driedger said...

You're welcome. I always wonder if anyone cares.

Wade Marshall said...

This helped me incredibly as well, thx.

Kevin Driedger said...

Glad to hear it. When people are helped it inspires me to post.